Mid-Level Ruby Rails Developer. Subscription/E-Commerce. London. £50,000 + Equity.
Lewis Hollings are delighted to be working exclusively with a leading subscription business that deliver a fantastic product to our doors while being a genuine force for good.
We are looking for a talented mid level Ruby Rails developer to join the team to design and build new digital products that customers love whilst keeping our codebase and infrastructure in top shape.
It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious developer who loves solving problems to get full stack experience across multiple languages and frameworks including Rails, React/Redux, Heroku and AWS.
- Full stack (Rails, React / Redux, Heroku, AWS) development and support
- Taking a robust codebase and consolidating/evolving it as the company grows
- Communicating with stakeholders and other team members to solve problems and build features
- Advising on the right technology choices, knowing where it is ok to cut corners, and where it absolutely isn’t
- You are an agile advocate, knowing how to adapt the right approach to the right team
- You have several years of experience working in different teams and environments; ideally you have previous start-up experience
- You are proactive, and know how to be efficient with your time
- You are hands-on, ideally full-stack or happy to grow into full-stack , with a minimum 1-2 years of professional Ruby / Rails experience
- You are an excellent communicator who can engage with stakeholders and deliver value
- You enjoy pair programming and discussing technical challenges
You will be the custodian of our digital experience and so will be empowered to solve problems the way you think is best and ultimately ‘own’ the technical infrastructure. Our software doesn’t just power our digital experience on site, it also runs our complex back-office infrastructure which means your code will have real-world implications on how the business is run.
You’ll use pair programming wherever possible which allows for fast and efficient problem solving, as well as a great way to develop your technical skills by sharing knowledge and insights with the team.
Not only will you develop some serious technical skills but this role will develop a broad range of other skills from UX design, sprint planning and execution, stakeholder communication and management which will in turn help you learn how a successful subscription business runs.
- Competitive Salary plus stock options
- One of Time Out’s top 100 employers to work for
- Huge opportunity to develop a broad skill set
- Agile working environment
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com or call 07858973743