UX/UI Designer. Online Publishing. Contract. London. £350pd
Our client is the leading online publisher of legal, regulatory, political and business information.
Delivering accurate and impartial analysis daily via a cutting-edge technology platform, has ensured they have become the essential information service for the industries we cover.
Due to new product launches and expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contract UX/UI Designer with experience in Wireframes and Prototyping to join the team.
As the company’s UX/UI Designer..
- You will take the lead in research and prototyping of UX to enable the organisation to make a more informed decision.
- You will actively research and suggest the best innovative tools for the company’s online publishing platforms.
- You will overlook all graphic design matters and make sure our current and future products respect responsive web design practices.
- You will report to Head of IT and will also have the chance to work with other stakeholders across different departments of the business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in UX and Prototyping ( essential )
- Experience with Adobe suite (particularly Photoshop and Indesign) and mockup tools for web design templates eg. Visio, InVision, SmartDraw, MockUps ( essential )
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, SASS and Drupal themes ( nice to have )
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams in agile environment
Role and Responsibilities
- Considering existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Considering the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Using online tools, such as screen readers, to aid their research
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Communicating scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the lead in a role which offers variety and responsibility with an established & leading business. For more information please send your CV & Portfolio to Jordan@lewishollings.com ASAP