Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £65,000+
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com