What’s your story?
In the current candidate-driven market, businesses need to have a strong, succinct narrative that tells candidates who you are and what you’re about. It’s more important than ever to cut through the noise and stand out from your competitors as a great company to work for.
Your ability to bring your brand to life and tell a compelling story with passion is vital if you want to recruit the best people.
Paying more money, giving free fruit, having a work hard play harder culture and or having a work from home 1 day per week policy have all been done, it’s old hat and frankly, everyone does it. Your brand and company ethos is not just for customers and clients – potential employees want to be emotionally engaged and buy into the bigger picture. If you like the look of a candidate, so will 10+ other companies, so you HAVE to connect with them on another level.
So what are candidates looking for? We’re seeing a growing trend in demand from developers for the following things:
- Tech Stack
- Company story – what’s the background and culture of your business?
- Purpose – what are the company goals and objectives and how does the role contribute?
- Vision – where is the company going and how are the team involved in taking it there?
- Learning opportunities – how are you supporting and developing people?
- Team Info (size, composition, level)
If you can clearly articulate your offering and be bold about who you are and what you stand for, then you have a great chance of recruiting strong candidates.