Software Engineer (Ruby/Scala) | Fintech/Payments | London | £75,000+
We are working with a leading & global payments business to hire brilliant Software Engineers with Ruby and or Scala skills and experience.
You’ll get the opportunity to contribute to some seriously smart technology that takes the entanglement out of moving money – The industry-leading API has processed over $50 billion of transactions for over 5 million end-users.
The perfect candidate will have commercial Ruby experience coupled with a desire to work with Scala as well as continue working with Ruby.
Skills & Experience:
- Build scalable web applications and APIs
- Solid experience using Ruby and ideally have a bit of experience in Scala
- Worked with (and know the limitations of using) a large SQL database
- Worked closely with Infrastructure/DevOps provisioning tools (e.g Terraform, AWS, Docker)
- Worked within a TDD, BDD (RSpec, Cucumber) environment
- Be an Agile Advocate
- Knowing what the Spotify Model is
- Understand CI / CD pipelines
- Collaborate with QA & Product Owners on product development
Nice to have:
- API-led platforms
- Kubernetes (or K8s if you prefer!)
- Log Management systems
- APM systems like New Relic or Datadog
- 12-factor apps
- AWS SDK
In summary, we are looking for bright Software Developer with excellent communication skills who is passionate about technology, loves to play with new tools and share knowledge and Ideas at events.
In exchange, our client offers an excellent salary, a comprehensive range of benefits and flexible work from home arrangements.
If this sounds like an interesting new challenge, please get in touch ASAP! Call Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com
Lewis Hollings is a dynamic recruitment business passionate about matching fantastic technology professionals with great companies. We have an excellent network and understanding of the industry, with a particular focus on the niche and modern technologies in the world of Web Development & Software Engineering.