Senior PHP Developer (Laravel) | Fast-growing Startup | London | £60,000
Lewis Hollings Technology Recruitment are excited to be working with the definition of a promising, fun, fast-growing early-stage startup!
Since founding in 2015, customers have expressed their love with fan mail, they’ve been backed by top-tier investors and they grew more than 700% last year.
Together we are looking for Senior PHP Developer with extensive Laravel experience.
The backend infrastructure is primarily PHP/Laravel and MySQL on AWS. “We’re using the full set of tools and services available to us from Amazon Web Services to build out new functionality in a service-oriented environment”
- Professional experience with server-side PHP scripting (5+ years).
- Experience with Laravel (2+ years).
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software.
- Experience in designing, building, and consuming public APIs.
- Familiar with AWS for full stack implementation: EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53 etc.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL).
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST).
- Hands-on development experience of web front ends a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the value of well-written documentation, continuous integration, and security rules.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment and a desire to disrupt logistics.
- A sense of humour.
- Have ownership of projects as also collaborate on existing projects
- Work with our team to refine the architectural and functional roadmap of our product.
- Ensure production systems operate faultlessly at as close to 100% availability as reasonably possible.
- Work with our UI and UX designers and front-end developers to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and helping define how the application looks and works.
- Work directly with and report to our Co-founder & CTO to build the foundation of the company’s software.
- Write robust application code in PHP/Laravel that powers the company’s demanding web and mobile client APIs.
- Refactor existing software and functionality into discrete services.
We’re interested only in people who want to be part of the success story of a startup, put their DNA in the product, start from building the foundation and evolve together with the company, taking part in the major decisions about the product roadmap. We want people to own their field of responsibility, take decisions, be proactive, screw up things with pride and fix broken things with more pride.
- £50-£60K salary, depending on experience
- Top-notch kit. We’ll get you a shiny new Macbook with a monitor of your preference and all the bells and whistles.
- £1,000 personal budget for education with conferences, courses etc
- Unlimited purchases of books
- Friday free lunch, free snacks and drinks every day
- Cycle to work scheme
What we’re really looking for is someone who will love their job, and we’ll do our part to create an awesome and meaningful work environment that you’ll be proud to be a part of.
Please apply with an updated CV to discuss the role in more detail. Jordan@lewishollings.com | 07858973473