Are you a client who hires contractors into your Tech or Product teams?
Do you know what your contractor margins are? Do you know what percentage of the day rate goes to the recruiter and how much the candidate is actually getting?
Are you a candidate who has been negotiated down hard on your day rate? Did you feel like the recruiter would say anything to get you to drop that extra £20 or £50 per day?
Coupled with 15 years of tech recruitment experience, we have a completely transparent commission of just £50 per day here at LHR.
This means we regularly save clients 100’s sometimes 1000’s of pounds per month in comparison to other recruiters.
Working with LHR means clients get the same quality contractor at a fraction of the fee and Candidates get to work on the same great gig but without the car boot sale type bartering and maybe end up with extra cash too!
Need a contractor? Looking for your next contract? Call us now on 07858973473.
Senior Ruby Software Engineer | Tech Start-Up | London & WFH | £80,000 + Options
Our client, a tech start-up disrupting the supply chain within the fashion and apparel industry, is looking to hire a team of skilled and experienced Software Engineers.
Having built a successful MVP, secured excellent funding and the onboarding of a number of key clients (some very high profile), we are now hiring the first, second and third members of the Product & Engineering team. Starting with a Senior Ruby Software Engineer.
Being an early member of the team this role offers massive opportunity to create culture, define processes and huge scope for innovation within the product. This role would best suit a Senior Developer who is keen to own and lead tech product development.
The current product is built on a Rails/React stack, with solid unit and integration test coverage and supporting infrastructure allowing automated deployment to Digital Ocean.
The best candidates for this role will have:
- Excellent Ruby/Rails experience
- The ability to set up another software stack.
- Experience with databases and infrastructure technologies.
- Strong understanding of both software development & product development practices.
- AWS experience.
Your primary focus will be writing high-quality software that delivers the product strategy. The current product really is in its infancy with an exciting roadmap ahead, and this is excellent opportunity to create a platform that has a huge impact on brands, manufacturers, and – ultimately – end consumers.
We imagine the perfect person will have Start-up experience and is currently sat in a tech business thinking “this could be run better, this team and product could function better” This is your opportunity to make that difference and change how software development should be done…
As well as an excellent base salary there are company options available along with flexible working hours and working from home.
Contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Everyone knows businesses need to stand out, go the extra mile and offer something more than their competitors to thrive. The recruitment market is tough and we don’t have the best reputation (!) so building trustworthy relationships is a priority for me.
A couple of months ago I decided to try to get even more involved with the Ruby market and build on my knowledge of the sector by attending a developer event. I really enjoyed it, although of course most of the tech chat went over my head! I very deliberately didn’t approach anybody with “sales patter” nor did I make it obvious I was a recruiter.
In the days following the event I did what I believe to be the normal stuff, followed the speakers on Twitter, tweeted to say I enjoyed it etc and I also tagged a few attendees and speakers into a tweet, nothing salesy or opinionated and certainly not asking for business. To my surprise, I received quite a bit of push back and negativity. I received one message from a client (and speaker) I’d love to work with saying my interest and excitement in the event was making him “uncomfortable” and I should delete the tweets.
This was pretty tough to take, so it led me to wonder ‘what do people want from a recruiter’? Is fact-finding, knowing your market and increasing your knowledge important or not?
So, what do you want from a recruiter? I would love to hear your views and opinions….
Ruby on Rails Developer. Music Industry. London. £75,000+
Are you an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer with a passion for Music? Do you want to work in an environment where everyone has excitement and energy about what we’re building?
Our client creates secret intimate live performances in more than 400 cities around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us who understands how to create scalable, maintainable code using best practices.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you’ll be joining a growing engineering team, and working alongside design and product teams.
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience of Postgres
- Experience of TDD or BDD testing (We use RSpec & Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Git and a passion for clear concise commit history
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- A passion for music
- Experience of scaling a platform using micro-services or other approaches.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to help create new features and deliver an excellent end-to-end customer experience, from the moment they first encounter content. You’ll be expected to write elegant code that is scalable & maintainable and work closely with UX, Product, QA and other teams to define and deliver features that solve real business needs.
It’s an exciting time to join as we help our client enter a period of accelerated growth. You’ll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including engineering a platform for our next phase of growth, moving our platform to a react front end powered by APIs and integrating with 3rd parties.
Along with the fantastic learning opportunities and the opportunity to work in a really exciting industry with great colleagues out client also offer a very competitive salary and great benefits.
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Are you interesting in joining a fast-growing tech Start-up as a Lead Ruby Developer? Do you currently have the opportunity to technically lead projects and give opinions on architecture?
Our client is scaling rapidly and needs a Senior Ruby Developer with a strong focus on the customer experience & excellent code to help drive scalability and performance of the platform.
The successful Senior Ruby developer will need:
- Confidence technically leading on projects and giving opinions on architecture
- Experience of building large scale applications in Ruby
- A passion for writing clean and efficient code
- An excellent understanding of Rails API, Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails and a familiarity on microservices and ci/cd pipelines will be advantageous
- Follow a TTD approach
- A keenness to learn new technologies
As my client continues to scale their offering, they have devised a long-term digital strategy with significant investment being made into their technical teams. This position will heavily involve the redevelopment of backend services from the ground up using cutting edge technology, removing external partnerships and shifting towards being truly agile.
Day to day, this position involves:
- Building and deploying features for brand new products
- Assist with the creation of tooling to improve their ecosystem
- Discussing ideas, implementation and planning
- Improving internal process and how they interact with the business
This is an excellent opportunity to shape the culture and technology landscape for an incredibly ambitious company!
To apply please call me on 07858973473 and email a CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Ruby Software Engineer. London Start-Up. Brilliant Working Environment. £70,000
Our client has built a unique platform to enable SME businesses to run smoothly and are going through an incredibly exciting stage of growth.
The platform automates much of your team’s vital information – from onboarding new staff to tracking holiday, managing benefits and more.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and talented Ruby Software Engineer to join the growing team.
People love working here for a variety of reasons, you’ll be challenged and learn new things daily but the core office hours initiative where you are free to start at 10 am has definitely been enjoyed (Monday – Thursday 10-3, Tuesday & Friday 10-5:30)
As a Senior Ruby Developer, you’ll be expected to use your extensive knowledge of Ruby web development to improve and maintain an application relied upon by customers every day.
- Ruby: Rails, Sidekiq, RSpec, Capybara
- Infrastructure: Heroku, Postgresql, Redis
Key Requirements for the role of Senior Ruby Developer include:
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with Ruby and Rails.
- A strong understanding & commercial experience of web applications.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and enjoy receiving feedback.
- A commitment to the use of best practices.
On offer are a genuinely fantastic work environment, a competitive salary and an enthusiastic and friendly team along with benefits such as equity options, learning budget, hack days and monthly socials.
If you’d like to join a fast-growing startup while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance and having a considerable impact on the direction of an outstanding product, please get in touch ASAP!
Please call me on 07858973473 and email a CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
What’s your story?
In the current candidate-driven market, businesses need to have a strong, succinct narrative that tells candidates who you are and what you’re about. It’s more important than ever to cut through the noise and stand out from your competitors as a great company to work for.
Your ability to bring your brand to life and tell a compelling story with passion is vital if you want to recruit the best people.
Paying more money, giving free fruit, having a work hard play harder culture and or having a work from home 1 day per week policy have all been done, it’s old hat and frankly, everyone does it. Your brand and company ethos is not just for customers and clients – potential employees want to be emotionally engaged and buy into the bigger picture. If you like the look of a candidate, so will 10+ other companies, so you HAVE to connect with them on another level.
So what are candidates looking for? We’re seeing a growing trend in demand from developers for the following things:
- Tech Stack
- Company story – what’s the background and culture of your business?
- Purpose – what are the company goals and objectives and how does the role contribute?
- Vision – where is the company going and how are the team involved in taking it there?
- Learning opportunities – how are you supporting and developing people?
- Team Info (size, composition, level)
If you can clearly articulate your offering and be bold about who you are and what you stand for, then you have a great chance of recruiting strong candidates.
Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £65,000+
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Ruby on Rails Developer | R&D | Oxfordshire | £65,000
Fantastic “out of London” client is keen to hire a Senior Ruby Developer. Work from home options + Bonus + Options (Pre IPO)
If you are a Senior Ruby Developer based in Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire or Buckinghamshire who is keen to build innovative technology with great colleagues without having to travel into London every day please read on…
LHR looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join a leading R&D company in Oxford. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer looking to work on challenging projects with an incredible company.
As the Ruby on Rails Developer, you’ll be working on the front end of my client’s complex web applications. This is a senior role within the company so the Ruby on Rails Developer will have a great opportunity to contribute to wider strategy and architecture, as well as mentoring Junior Developers.
A local success story, the Ruby on Rails Developer will be joining an incredible research and development company who are at the forefront of their field. You’ll be joining during a period of growth, so the opportunities for your role moving forwards are huge!
For this Ruby on Rails Developer position, we’re looking for a Senior Developer with significant previous experience developing web applications using RoR.
We’re ideally looking for experience with the following:
- Strong background coding with Ruby on Rails
- Previous experience building complex web applications, such as e-commerce systems, would be great
For more details please call 07858973743 and send a copy of your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Senior Ruby Developer | Mobile-first Start-up | London | £450/£500pd
LHR has partnered with a fantastic Mobile-first Start-up to hire a Senior Ruby Developer on an initial 6-month contract.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Contract Ruby Developer to take full ownership of his or her work – The best candidates will be interested in building a brilliant product, not just writing code.
Our client has some interesting and challenging problems to solve and they offer a great opportunity to work within the Fin-Tech space.
Here’s the current stack:
Requirements Required skills & experience:
- Significant experience working with Ruby on Rails, and relational databases
- Substantial experience with automated testing, integration testing and TDD
- A thorough understanding of what’s required in building scalable software
- Extensive experience of working as part of an Agile product team
- Experience with ES6, React, React native
- Experience working on mobile apps
The contract is based in the Old Street area of London, ideally, you’ll want to be part of the team and on-site between 9-5 on weekdays but there is some flexibility to work remote / from home a couple of days a per week.
For more details please call 07858973743 and send a copy of your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com