Test Engineer (Mobile and Web) | Financial Services | London | £65,000
Our client is a “leading technology company with a suite of financial products” rather than an old-school bank. We are working closely with them to hire a Test Engineer.
This is a genuinely unique opportunity to join a business whose aim is to change an industry. We have already helped them build an amazing team in central London and we’re looking for an ambitious, customer-focused Test Engineer to jump on board.
The Test Engineer will be a dedicated test specialist working in the engineering team that develops our web apps as well as React Native components targeting our mobile apps.
The role suits a mid-level test specialist with strong software testing fundamentals and experience with test automation, who is keen to further develop and progress within a growing organisation.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and skills:
• Experience testing customer-facing Android and iOS mobile apps
• Techniques and methods of formal test analysis and design, including test data management and agile and exploratory testing.
• Solid understanding of modern digital technologies, in particular, single-page web applications, native mobile apps, and RESTful web APIs.
• Requirements analysis, including refinement of user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Mid-level programming skills in at least one modern programming language applied to the development of automated regression tests/checks.
• Experience operating within an agile process and team.
As a technology-led organisation, we expect our engineering staff to be technically adept and knowledgeable. The role involves programming automated tests across multiple frameworks, with support available from our SDETs and developer colleagues on your team.
What you will be working on:
• Analyse and decompose user stories to ensure that acceptance criteria are clearly defined and testable.
• Create tests, plans and charters that are designed to comprehensively appraise and validate new developments against the acceptance criteria.
• Set-up and execute tests to implement the above plans, investigating and reporting issues. Assist with defect triage and re-testing.
• Help refine the test lifecycle and integrate test automation with deployment and release processes, including continuous delivery pipelines.
• Assist with preparation and delivery of product demonstrations.
• Provide visibility of relevant performance metrics and outcomes through tracking and reporting.
This is a wide-ranging role that provides the successful candidate with an exceptional opportunity to broaden and enhance their skills within the dynamic Fintech industry. You will:
• Work in a small, mission-based team of experienced professionals, giving you lots of responsibility as well as opportunities to learn and develop.
• Have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
• Gain experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, purpose-driven organisation.
• Work in a supportive environment that encourages learning and improvement.
Finally, as part of a broader testing community, you will need to coordinate with colleagues in the mobile and back-end teams to share knowledge, keep aligned, and share and advance improvement initiatives.
For more information send your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com ASAP!