Ruby Developer | Online Market Place | London | £55,000 – £65,000
- Strong commercial Ruby development experience
- Knowledge & Experience of BDD / TDD – Rspec / Cucumber
- Knowledge & Experience of AWS
As a Ruby Developer you’ll be tasked with:
- Building and improving a Rails app using the latest versions of Rails and Ruby
- Ship functional and beautiful features that look and feel on-brand.
- Operate in and collaborate with a cross-functional team with other developers, designers, product managers
- Work with developers of all experience levels to constantly learn and share your knowledge.
You’ll be creating, scaling and maintaining code using best practices, working alongside product and design. You will be working with Ruby and also have the chance to work with React, any experience with AWS and or Heroku would be highly beneficial.
This role is a great opportunity for a bright developer to take that next stage in their career, to join a market-leading company with the added bonus of working with and alongside industry experts and continuing to grow your own knowledge and skillset.
Apply now or call 07858973473 for a confidential discussion about this Ruby developer opportunity. Email CV’s to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Are you interesting in joining a fast-growing tech Start-up as a Lead Ruby Developer? Do you currently have the opportunity to technically lead projects and give opinions on architecture?
Our client is scaling rapidly and needs a Senior Ruby Developer with a strong focus on the customer experience & excellent code to help drive scalability and performance of the platform.
The successful Senior Ruby developer will need:
- Confidence technically leading on projects and giving opinions on architecture
- Experience of building large scale applications in Ruby
- A passion for writing clean and efficient code
- An excellent understanding of Rails API, Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails and a familiarity on microservices and ci/cd pipelines will be advantageous
- Follow a TTD approach
- A keenness to learn new technologies
As my client continues to scale their offering, they have devised a long-term digital strategy with significant investment being made into their technical teams. This position will heavily involve the redevelopment of backend services from the ground up using cutting edge technology, removing external partnerships and shifting towards being truly agile.
Day to day, this position involves:
- Building and deploying features for brand new products
- Assist with the creation of tooling to improve their ecosystem
- Discussing ideas, implementation and planning
- Improving internal process and how they interact with the business
This is an excellent opportunity to shape the culture and technology landscape for an incredibly ambitious company!
To apply please call me on 07858973473 and email a CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Ruby on Rails Developer | Gaming & Gambling | London | £60,000
We are looking for a talented and motivated Ruby on Rails Developer to join an ambitious and growing business leading the way in the sports gaming industry.
The Ruby on Rails Developer will join an existing Back-end team to create, build and launch complex cutting products and sophisticated new features.
The best candidates will have a great attitude, be enthusiastic & proactive about learning and love problem solving.
Required Technical Skills or Experience gained in a commercial environment:
- Ruby on Rails programming skills
- RESTful APIs
- Databases such as MySQL
- Experience with MongoDB
You’ll be a confident communicator able to actively participate in the tech decision making process. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, collaborative team and develop industry-leading products.
Salary on offer is c£55,000 plus health and pension along with lots of free perks
Please send CV’s to Jordan Norris at Jordan@Lewishollings.com
Senior/Lead Backend Engineer (Ruby) | London | Fintech Start-Up | £90k + Equity + Bonus
Do you want to work with great colleagues solving complex and interesting tech challenges? Are you a Senior Developer with expert Ruby skills?
Lewis Hollings are working with one of the most exciting start-ups in Europe right now. They are growing at an amazing pace, have a brilliant product and are backed by founders who have an outstanding track record of building great businesses and delivering world-class products.
What you’ll be working on?
Here’s our current stack:
Machine learning: From categorising transactions to understanding natural language and spending patterns.
Payments: You’ll write code that moves money safely.
Product: 90% of your time will be building new features and improving existing ones.
We love getting features into users’ hands early, learning and iterating. We’re exceptionally data driven.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited by building great products using Ruby and related Tech
- You’ve worked at or are keen to experience life at a fast-moving startup.
- You can move fast and get stuff done.
- You are product-focused and care about making our users’ lives better.
We’re looking for exceptional people and offer excellent perks to keep the team happy and productive, for example:
- 25 days holiday a year.
- Flexible working / working from home when you need to.
- A lovely loft office, a stone’s throw from Old Street tube station.
- Fresh fruit deliveries, only the best coffee, and other snack-based perks.
- Annual team offsite.
- Weekly lunch-and-learns, as part of a general learning culture. Plenty of books on hand.
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com or call 07858973743
Senior Ruby Developer – London – £50,000 – £80,000 a year
|Our client is looking to hire bright and talented Ruby software engineers to work on a variety of complex and technically challenging projects.
We are looking for ambitious Back-End and FullStack Software Engineers with extensive Ruby experience to join an experienced and talented team.
Problem solving is a key attribute for us, we have many challenging problems to solve, your ability to be resourceful in finding solutions is paramount.
Key Skills & Responsibilities we require:
- Professional experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails (3+ years)
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Take pride in delivering readable, well-designed, well-tested software.
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with our API
- Experience with APIs at scale
- Experience with PostGIS, or any geography-heavy applications.
- Experience with “NoSQL” data backends (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch).
This is a fantastic opportunity to be major influence in something big. Our client is growing fast and developing their staff along the way, they offer a very competitive salary and perks including potential stock options, your choice of hardware, an ambitious road map and a great bunch of colleagues all pulling in the same direction.
For more details please call Jordan on 078585973473 now.