Ruby Developer | Online Market Place | London | £55,000 – £65,000
- Strong commercial Ruby development experience
- Knowledge & Experience of BDD / TDD – Rspec / Cucumber
- Knowledge & Experience of AWS
As a Ruby Developer you’ll be tasked with:
- Building and improving a Rails app using the latest versions of Rails and Ruby
- Ship functional and beautiful features that look and feel on-brand.
- Operate in and collaborate with a cross-functional team with other developers, designers, product managers
- Work with developers of all experience levels to constantly learn and share your knowledge.
You’ll be creating, scaling and maintaining code using best practices, working alongside product and design. You will be working with Ruby and also have the chance to work with React, any experience with AWS and or Heroku would be highly beneficial.
This role is a great opportunity for a bright developer to take that next stage in their career, to join a market-leading company with the added bonus of working with and alongside industry experts and continuing to grow your own knowledge and skillset.
Apply now or call 07858973473 for a confidential discussion about this Ruby developer opportunity. Email CV’s to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Software Engineer (Ruby/Scala) | Fintech/Payments | London | £75,000+
We are working with a leading & global payments business to hire brilliant Software Engineers with Ruby and or Scala skills and experience.
You’ll get the opportunity to contribute to some seriously smart technology that takes the entanglement out of moving money – The industry-leading API has processed over $50 billion of transactions for over 5 million end-users.
The perfect candidate will have commercial Ruby experience coupled with a desire to work with Scala as well as continue working with Ruby.
Skills & Experience:
- Build scalable web applications and APIs
- Solid experience using Ruby and ideally have a bit of experience in Scala
- Worked with (and know the limitations of using) a large SQL database
- Worked closely with Infrastructure/DevOps provisioning tools (e.g Terraform, AWS, Docker)
- Worked within a TDD, BDD (RSpec, Cucumber) environment
- Be an Agile Advocate
- Knowing what the Spotify Model is
- Understand CI / CD pipelines
- Collaborate with QA & Product Owners on product development
Nice to have:
- API-led platforms
- Kubernetes (or K8s if you prefer!)
- Log Management systems
- APM systems like New Relic or Datadog
- 12-factor apps
- AWS SDK
In summary, we are looking for bright Software Developer with excellent communication skills who is passionate about technology, loves to play with new tools and share knowledge and Ideas at events.
In exchange, our client offers an excellent salary, a comprehensive range of benefits and flexible work from home arrangements.
If this sounds like an interesting new challenge, please get in touch ASAP! Call Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com
Lewis Hollings is a dynamic recruitment business passionate about matching fantastic technology professionals with great companies. We have an excellent network and understanding of the industry, with a particular focus on the niche and modern technologies in the world of Web Development & Software Engineering.
Ruby on Rails Developer. Music Industry. London. £75,000+
Are you an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer with a passion for Music? Do you want to work in an environment where everyone has excitement and energy about what we’re building?
Our client creates secret intimate live performances in more than 400 cities around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us who understands how to create scalable, maintainable code using best practices.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you’ll be joining a growing engineering team, and working alongside design and product teams.
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience of Postgres
- Experience of TDD or BDD testing (We use RSpec & Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Git and a passion for clear concise commit history
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- A passion for music
- Experience of scaling a platform using micro-services or other approaches.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to help create new features and deliver an excellent end-to-end customer experience, from the moment they first encounter content. You’ll be expected to write elegant code that is scalable & maintainable and work closely with UX, Product, QA and other teams to define and deliver features that solve real business needs.
It’s an exciting time to join as we help our client enter a period of accelerated growth. You’ll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including engineering a platform for our next phase of growth, moving our platform to a react front end powered by APIs and integrating with 3rd parties.
Along with the fantastic learning opportunities and the opportunity to work in a really exciting industry with great colleagues out client also offer a very competitive salary and great benefits.
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com