UX/UI Designer. Online Publishing. Contract. London. £350pd
Our client is the leading online publisher of legal, regulatory, political and business information.
Delivering accurate and impartial analysis daily via a cutting-edge technology platform, has ensured they have become the essential information service for the industries we cover.
Due to new product launches and expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contract UX/UI Designer with experience in Wireframes and Prototyping to join the team.
As the company’s UX/UI Designer..
- You will take the lead in research and prototyping of UX to enable the organisation to make a more informed decision.
- You will actively research and suggest the best innovative tools for the company’s online publishing platforms.
- You will overlook all graphic design matters and make sure our current and future products respect responsive web design practices.
- You will report to Head of IT and will also have the chance to work with other stakeholders across different departments of the business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in UX and Prototyping ( essential )
- Experience with Adobe suite (particularly Photoshop and Indesign) and mockup tools for web design templates eg. Visio, InVision, SmartDraw, MockUps ( essential )
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, SASS and Drupal themes ( nice to have )
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams in agile environment
Role and Responsibilities
- Considering existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Considering the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Using online tools, such as screen readers, to aid their research
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Communicating scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the lead in a role which offers variety and responsibility with an established & leading business. For more information please send your CV & Portfolio to Jordan@lewishollings.com ASAP
Senior Front-End Developer (HTML5, CSS3, SASS & React) | Luxury Brand | W.London. | £60,000+
Lewis Hollings Technology Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading, luxury brand in their search for a Senior Front-End Developer. This is a permanent position and is based full-time in West London offices.
You’ll be joining a medium sized and talented development team which contains back end developers (PHP5, Symfony2) and front-end developers (HTM5, CSS3, LESS, SASS).
Key experience required:
- Strong front-end development skills HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- jQuery, AJAX
We are very interested by experience with React.
This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity to join a leading, luxury brand who boast exceptional offices where progression is based on contribution and skill and not politics.
The team contains a number of ex-agency developers who have taken the best elements of that environment whilst installing the quality guidelines and processes of a ‘Product’ environment. In short, you’ll have the best of both and worst of neither; a fun place to work that ships quality code.
Please apply with an updated CV to discuss the role in more detail. Jordan@lewishollings.com | 07858973473
Our client, one of Bloomberg’s top 50 UK Business Innovators, is hiring a Lead Front-End Developer.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a fast growing business who are taking a mobile first approach to design and performance.
- Skills and demonstrable experience with Angular, SASS/LESS, Backbone, Bower, Grunt, Bootstrap/Foundation, or equivalents.
- Experience of working as a Senior Front-End (or Full Stack) Developer, ideally building a customer facing product.
- Passion for continued learning
- E/M-commerce experience would be ideal.
- A keen interest in staying up-to-date with the latest technologies
You’ll be working with RESTful APIs (written in Ruby on Rails), so some exposure of this would be advantageous.
As a Lead Front-end Developer you’ll get to play a major part in the build up of a tech stack that needs to support very ambitious growth plans. Payments, personalisation and conversational commerce are just some of the many ambitious products and projects in the pipeline.
Of course our client want to hire great technical skills, however, a passion for the product you’re building is equally as important, as you’ll be working with a small team, recently shortlisted for Start-up of the Year, all working towards producing the best customer experience possible.
If you are keen to be challenged in a new role where you’ll be tasked with taking ideas from paper sketches to live code, taking responsibility for quality at every step along the way, whether it’s testability, UX or architecture then you should get in touch ASAP!
The Lead Front-End Developer will join a young team and be given the chance to help shape how they work, while using the latest tools and technologies in a relaxed, professional and supportive environment!
Senior Ruby Developer. Pharmaceutical. Central London. £70,000
Our client, a leading web-based SaaS provider to the pharmaceutical industry, is looking to hire a Senior Ruby Developer to join an existing team in central London.
As a Senior Ruby Developer you’ll be given the opportunity to help build and deliver a leading edge web-based data capture solution.
Design & Architecture skills, experience and knowledge are vital. As is a deep understanding of all aspects of the software development life cycle: Requirement through to testing, and documentation.
This opportunity will suit a candidate with an appetite for owning responsibility of technical decisions and who demonstrates an interest in improving both personally and collectively.
Our client offers an friendly and professional working environment with a vibrant company culture, lots of opportunities to grow your technical knowledge with a growing business plus a competitive salary and great benefits.
To learn more about this or any of our Ruby opportunities please call 07858973473 or email your CV to CV@lewishollings.com