Senior Ruby Software Engineer | Tech Start-Up | London & WFH | £80,000 + Options
Our client, a tech start-up disrupting the supply chain within the fashion and apparel industry, is looking to hire a team of skilled and experienced Software Engineers.
Having built a successful MVP, secured excellent funding and the onboarding of a number of key clients (some very high profile), we are now hiring the first, second and third members of the Product & Engineering team. Starting with a Senior Ruby Software Engineer.
Being an early member of the team this role offers massive opportunity to create culture, define processes and huge scope for innovation within the product. This role would best suit a Senior Developer who is keen to own and lead tech product development.
The current product is built on a Rails/React stack, with solid unit and integration test coverage and supporting infrastructure allowing automated deployment to Digital Ocean.
The best candidates for this role will have:
- Excellent Ruby/Rails experience
- The ability to set up another software stack.
- Experience with databases and infrastructure technologies.
- Strong understanding of both software development & product development practices.
- AWS experience.
Your primary focus will be writing high-quality software that delivers the product strategy. The current product really is in its infancy with an exciting roadmap ahead, and this is excellent opportunity to create a platform that has a huge impact on brands, manufacturers, and – ultimately – end consumers.
We imagine the perfect person will have Start-up experience and is currently sat in a tech business thinking “this could be run better, this team and product could function better” This is your opportunity to make that difference and change how software development should be done…
As well as an excellent base salary there are company options available along with flexible working hours and working from home.
Contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Product Manager | Payments | London | £60,000 to £90,000 plus equity
Lewis Hollings Recruitment is working with a Series A start-up that digitises a vital part of a payment process.
We are looking for a talented Product Manager who shares our belief and passion for digital products!
Working directly with the CEO as well as the Engineering, Design and Sales teams, you will be responsible for helping deliver new products and features that will shape our clients offering for years to come.
In the short term, you will be working on consumer and merchant products that will allow users and clients to access and utilise data. Beyond building awesome products, we expect that you will also be responsible for leading and growing a highly skilled product team to take us to greater heights.
- At least 5 years experience of product management experience
- Working knowledge of software development to the point where you can understand the Engineering team about how to architect and build a complex distributed system
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analytics to appropriately measure and interpret data and results
- Fundamental desire to create exceptional user experiences and can speak the same language as the UX team
- Have an analytical mindset that approaches challenges from first principles and data-driven way
- Decisions made are backed up by data, logic and common sense
- Have demonstrable business acumen through commercial experience working in or closely with decision-making functions
- Personally motivated to succeed in the face of new challenges
- Meticulously organised with a focus on the details. Everything is approached with diligence
- Can balance being confident and assertive whilst remaining humble and a good listener when working with others
- Ability to read a room and adapt your style accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Permission to work in the UK (unfortunately we will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
- Commercial experience in a fast-growing tech start-up environment
- Commercial experience in data analysis
- Commercial experience of managing the build of a large scale tech product
- Commercial experience of negotiating contracts, especially around matters relating to data
- £60k – £90k salary + equity + performance bonus
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days) – we encourage everyone to use their allowance!
- Weekly team lunches
- Annual company trip
- Work from home Fridays
- Central London location between Shoreditch and Old Street
- Fresh fruits, nuts, beers and other snacks provided
- Latest MacBook Pro, screen and additional tech set-up required
- Office building perks such as weekly yoga and fitness classes
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £65,000+
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com