Senior Frontend Engineer | Tech Product | London | £70,000+
You’ll join the Product and Engineering team where every decision made is with the customer at its core. You’ll be expected to constantly ask yourself, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you’ll need commercial experience with the following technologies:
- Jest & TDD
- Chrome Dev Tools
- CSS 3
- HTML 5
- npm / yarn
Would be great if you had an interest in or are familiar with:
- React Hooks
- React Testing Library, Cypress
- GraphQL, Apollo
You’ll be responsible for ensuring our client continue to deliver a world-class user experience for their customer’s, other key responsibilities might include :
- implementing prototypes to ensure a fast feedback loop when collaborating with designers, product managers and customers
- managing and maintaining our UI component library
- managing our styling architecture
- collaborate with design on ideation and redesign of components
- pairing with our engineering team
- interested in transitioning your design-oriented background towards a more engineering focussed role
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced business with lots of room for creative freedom. They offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days and £1000 annual self-development budget.
If this sounds a great to you as it does to me, please get in touch ASAP! Call Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com
Ruby on Rails Developer. Music Industry. London. £75,000+
Are you an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer with a passion for Music? Do you want to work in an environment where everyone has excitement and energy about what we’re building?
Our client creates secret intimate live performances in more than 400 cities around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us who understands how to create scalable, maintainable code using best practices.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you’ll be joining a growing engineering team, and working alongside design and product teams.
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience of Postgres
- Experience of TDD or BDD testing (We use RSpec & Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Git and a passion for clear concise commit history
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- A passion for music
- Experience of scaling a platform using micro-services or other approaches.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to help create new features and deliver an excellent end-to-end customer experience, from the moment they first encounter content. You’ll be expected to write elegant code that is scalable & maintainable and work closely with UX, Product, QA and other teams to define and deliver features that solve real business needs.
It’s an exciting time to join as we help our client enter a period of accelerated growth. You’ll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including engineering a platform for our next phase of growth, moving our platform to a react front end powered by APIs and integrating with 3rd parties.
Along with the fantastic learning opportunities and the opportunity to work in a really exciting industry with great colleagues out client also offer a very competitive salary and great benefits.
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Lead Full Stack Ruby Developer | Start-up Environment | E.London | £75,000
Lewis Hollings are working with an expanding and exciting Start-up to hire a Full Stack Ruby Developer.
Our client are award winning, leaders in their field of expertise and have customers all over globe and very ambitions plans.
Essential skills and experience required:
- In-depth knowledge of Ruby and Rails
- Extensive software development experience (minimum 5 years, likely 8+ years overall experience)
- Advanced RSpec
- Git (Comfortable with rebasing, squashing and otherwise reworking branches ready for review)
- Proficient with Linux including system administration
- An ability and willingness to seek out new knowledge as required for the work
- Experience of building APIs
- ETL experience, especially row-based methodologies such as Kiba
- Experience with Solr
- Advanced knowledge of operational automation on AWS, e.g. CloudFormation, CodePipeline, OpsWorks
The perfect Fullstack Developer will have experience delivering early stage products within a startup environment.
The role is a great opportunity to work with talented Devs, solve real problems and make a real impact both to the product and people’s lives via the product.
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com or call 07858973743