Head of Technology | Online Publisher | London | £90,000
Our client, an online publisher combining world-class content with cutting-edge tech is hiring a brand new Head of Technology.
The Head of Technology will be responsible for all aspects of the technology infrastructure from systems through software and development, third party integrations and support.
The successful candidate will play a key part in helping a dynamic organisation grow rapidly, where technology has an important part to play in its on-going transformation.
You’ll take ownership of a bespoke platform built with Drupal deployed to a cloud-hosted environment and integrates with a number of third party systems.
The successful candidate will need demonstrable experience of:
- Developing software commercially with proficiency in more than one language (Ideally Drupal)
- Managing technology teams
- Working with and managing third party suppliers
- Contemporary product development approaches, principles and practice
- Designing and implementing customer-facing web applications
- Designing with security and scalability in mind
- Integrating with third-party enterprise platforms
- Cloud hosting environments, ideally AWS
You will be responsible for the architecture of the platform, its security, extensibility and scalability. Working with both in-house and third-party development and operations teams you will deliver the platform and product and ensure it is maintained, supported and developed to support the business and its clients now and in the future.
- Help non-technologists understand tech issues
- Use their experience to support the management team and propose
- Approaches and solutions to problems accordingly
- Present to, and working with, board-level management
The team will be relatively small for the foreseeable future and the Head of Technology will need to be able to mentor, advise and guide as well as have direct hands-on input on many aspects of design and approaches to implementing solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that’s developing, with a culture which will allow you to flourish and progress.
If this sounds like an interesting new challenge, please get in touch ASAP! Call Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com