Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £60,000
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Test Engineer (Mobile and Web) | Financial Services | London | £65,000
Our client is a “leading technology company with a suite of financial products” rather than an old-school bank. We are working closely with them to hire a Test Engineer.
This is a genuinely unique opportunity to join a business whose aim is to change an industry. We have already helped them build an amazing team in central London and we’re looking for an ambitious, customer-focused Test Engineer to jump on board.
The Test Engineer will be a dedicated test specialist working in the engineering team that develops our web apps as well as React Native components targeting our mobile apps.
The role suits a mid-level test specialist with strong software testing fundamentals and experience with test automation, who is keen to further develop and progress within a growing organisation.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and skills:
• Experience testing customer-facing Android and iOS mobile apps
• Techniques and methods of formal test analysis and design, including test data management and agile and exploratory testing.
• Solid understanding of modern digital technologies, in particular, single-page web applications, native mobile apps, and RESTful web APIs.
• Requirements analysis, including refinement of user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Mid-level programming skills in at least one modern programming language applied to the development of automated regression tests/checks.
• Experience operating within an agile process and team.
As a technology-led organisation, we expect our engineering staff to be technically adept and knowledgeable. The role involves programming automated tests across multiple frameworks, with support available from our SDETs and developer colleagues on your team.
What you will be working on:
• Analyse and decompose user stories to ensure that acceptance criteria are clearly defined and testable.
• Create tests, plans and charters that are designed to comprehensively appraise and validate new developments against the acceptance criteria.
• Set-up and execute tests to implement the above plans, investigating and reporting issues. Assist with defect triage and re-testing.
• Help refine the test lifecycle and integrate test automation with deployment and release processes, including continuous delivery pipelines.
• Assist with preparation and delivery of product demonstrations.
• Provide visibility of relevant performance metrics and outcomes through tracking and reporting.
This is a wide-ranging role that provides the successful candidate with an exceptional opportunity to broaden and enhance their skills within the dynamic Fintech industry. You will:
• Work in a small, mission-based team of experienced professionals, giving you lots of responsibility as well as opportunities to learn and develop.
• Have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
• Gain experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, purpose-driven organisation.
• Work in a supportive environment that encourages learning and improvement.
Finally, as part of a broader testing community, you will need to coordinate with colleagues in the mobile and back-end teams to share knowledge, keep aligned, and share and advance improvement initiatives.
For more information send your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com ASAP!
QA Engineer | Fin-tech | Automation | London | up to £60,000
Lewis Hollings are working closely with an exciting and ambitious Fin-Tech business to hire a QA Engineer to work within a growing Tech & Product team.
Responsibilities of the QA Engineer include:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional Agile team of developers, testers and project managers to contribute toward the creation of an automated testing framework.
- Expanding the functionality of existing testing frameworks and also working on building new a new automated testing framework.
- Write detailed test cases and follow sound QA practices to drive quality in Services-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) software product.
- Create and execute load tests utilising contemporary load testing tools.
Requirements of the QA Engineer include:
- 2-6 years of software development or QA Automation experience using Java and Selenium.
- Experience building and enhancing an Automated testing framework using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Proven ability to interpret manual test cases and automate a test case which provides appropriate coverage.
Starting salary ranges between £50,000 and £60,000 plus benefits package.
Please send CV’s to Jordan Norris at Jordan@Lewishollings.com