Ruby on Rails Developer. Music Industry. London. £75,000+
Are you an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer with a passion for Music? Do you want to work in an environment where everyone has excitement and energy about what we’re building?
Our client creates secret intimate live performances in more than 400 cities around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us who understands how to create scalable, maintainable code using best practices.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you’ll be joining a growing engineering team, and working alongside design and product teams.
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience of Postgres
- Experience of TDD or BDD testing (We use RSpec & Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Git and a passion for clear concise commit history
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- A passion for music
- Experience of scaling a platform using micro-services or other approaches.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to help create new features and deliver an excellent end-to-end customer experience, from the moment they first encounter content. You’ll be expected to write elegant code that is scalable & maintainable and work closely with UX, Product, QA and other teams to define and deliver features that solve real business needs.
It’s an exciting time to join as we help our client enter a period of accelerated growth. You’ll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including engineering a platform for our next phase of growth, moving our platform to a react front end powered by APIs and integrating with 3rd parties.
Along with the fantastic learning opportunities and the opportunity to work in a really exciting industry with great colleagues out client also offer a very competitive salary and great benefits.
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £65,000+
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com