Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £60,000
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Senior PHP Developer (Laravel) | Fast-growing Startup | London | £60,000
Lewis Hollings Technology Recruitment are excited to be working with the definition of a promising, fun, fast-growing early-stage startup!
Since founding in 2015, customers have expressed their love with fan mail, they’ve been backed by top-tier investors and they grew more than 700% last year.
Together we are looking for Senior PHP Developer with extensive Laravel experience.
The backend infrastructure is primarily PHP/Laravel and MySQL on AWS. “We’re using the full set of tools and services available to us from Amazon Web Services to build out new functionality in a service-oriented environment”
- Professional experience with server-side PHP scripting (5+ years).
- Experience with Laravel (2+ years).
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software.
- Experience in designing, building, and consuming public APIs.
- Familiar with AWS for full stack implementation: EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53 etc.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL).
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST).
- Hands-on development experience of web front ends a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the value of well-written documentation, continuous integration, and security rules.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment and a desire to disrupt logistics.
- A sense of humour.
- Have ownership of projects as also collaborate on existing projects
- Work with our team to refine the architectural and functional roadmap of our product.
- Ensure production systems operate faultlessly at as close to 100% availability as reasonably possible.
- Work with our UI and UX designers and front-end developers to bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and helping define how the application looks and works.
- Work directly with and report to our Co-founder & CTO to build the foundation of the company’s software.
- Write robust application code in PHP/Laravel that powers the company’s demanding web and mobile client APIs.
- Refactor existing software and functionality into discrete services.
We’re interested only in people who want to be part of the success story of a startup, put their DNA in the product, start from building the foundation and evolve together with the company, taking part in the major decisions about the product roadmap. We want people to own their field of responsibility, take decisions, be proactive, screw up things with pride and fix broken things with more pride.
- £50-£60K salary, depending on experience
- Top-notch kit. We’ll get you a shiny new Macbook with a monitor of your preference and all the bells and whistles.
- £1,000 personal budget for education with conferences, courses etc
- Unlimited purchases of books
- Friday free lunch, free snacks and drinks every day
- Cycle to work scheme
What we’re really looking for is someone who will love their job, and we’ll do our part to create an awesome and meaningful work environment that you’ll be proud to be a part of.
Please apply with an updated CV to discuss the role in more detail. Jordan@lewishollings.com | 07858973473