Ruby Developer | Online Market Place | London | £55,000 – £65,000
- Strong commercial Ruby development experience
- Knowledge & Experience of BDD / TDD – Rspec / Cucumber
- Knowledge & Experience of AWS
As a Ruby Developer you’ll be tasked with:
- Building and improving a Rails app using the latest versions of Rails and Ruby
- Ship functional and beautiful features that look and feel on-brand.
- Operate in and collaborate with a cross-functional team with other developers, designers, product managers
- Work with developers of all experience levels to constantly learn and share your knowledge.
You’ll be creating, scaling and maintaining code using best practices, working alongside product and design. You will be working with Ruby and also have the chance to work with React, any experience with AWS and or Heroku would be highly beneficial.
This role is a great opportunity for a bright developer to take that next stage in their career, to join a market-leading company with the added bonus of working with and alongside industry experts and continuing to grow your own knowledge and skillset.
Apply now or call 07858973473 for a confidential discussion about this Ruby developer opportunity. Email CV’s to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Full Stack Drupal/React Developer | online publisher | London | £60,000
Lewis Hollings working with a global online publisher of legal and business information to hire a Full-Stack Drupal/React Developer role with experience in Drupal 8/7 module development and React framework.
As a Full-Stack Developer your key tasks will include:
- Understanding and contributing to business requirements
- Highlighting tech challenges & problem-solving.
- Creating future tech strategy
- Maintaining existing products sites built-in Drupal7, Drupal8, React
- Implement new functionalities to improve the existing platforms and site features.
- Write/maintain custom modules/hooks in Drupal 8/7, ReactJs and React Hooks for the existing product sites
- Keep all the product sites updated with regular Drupal core and contributed module updates and security features
- Propose and write new custom modules and theme template files to meet the business requirements and befitting the existing code base
- Fix bugs/issues identified on all product sites hosted on AWS platform
- Understand existing AWS configuration and propose the best approach to make the most of the AWS services in order to improve the site performance, security features, code deployment, database backup and recovery
- Ensure best practice and coding standards in the existing codebase and encourage team for unit testing
- Provide technical assistance to support and fix day to day in-house IT issues when appropriate.
- Maintain existing codebase for Drupal integration with third-party services and API that is in use which includes Pardot as Marketing automation tool, Salesforce as CRM, RESTful web services Ensure a satisfactory level of documentation for new functionality and usage, appropriate comments in the codebase and git commits for future reference
- Drupal 8 and Drupal 7 module/theme development
- ElasticSearch – Drupal/AWS
- ReactJs & React Hooks
- GraphQL & Apollo Client
- RESTful web services
- Git, Gitflow & Gitlab
- DevOps skills – maintain ubuntu dev server
- Write shell/php scripts for spinning dev environments, edit configuration/settings files for code deployment
- AWS Configuration and Hosting platform
If this sounds like an interesting new challenge, please get in touch ASAP! Call Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com
Senior Frontend Engineer | Tech Product | London | £70,000+
You’ll join the Product and Engineering team where every decision made is with the customer at its core. You’ll be expected to constantly ask yourself, ‘will our clients benefit from this?’
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you’ll need commercial experience with the following technologies:
- Jest & TDD
- Chrome Dev Tools
- CSS 3
- HTML 5
- npm / yarn
Would be great if you had an interest in or are familiar with:
- React Hooks
- React Testing Library, Cypress
- GraphQL, Apollo
You’ll be responsible for ensuring our client continue to deliver a world-class user experience for their customer’s, other key responsibilities might include :
- implementing prototypes to ensure a fast feedback loop when collaborating with designers, product managers and customers
- managing and maintaining our UI component library
- managing our styling architecture
- collaborate with design on ideation and redesign of components
- pairing with our engineering team
- interested in transitioning your design-oriented background towards a more engineering focussed role
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced business with lots of room for creative freedom. They offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days and £1000 annual self-development budget.
If this sounds a great to you as it does to me, please get in touch ASAP! Call Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com
Front-End Developer – React.JS. E-Commerce. London. £75,000+
We are working on a great opportunity for a Front-End Developer with React.JS skills to work with a well established and forward-thinking e-commerce platform who are renowned for building state-of-the-art digital experiences for customers all over the world.
This really is a unique opportunity to be part of something new, help build something special from scratch, feel the energy of a small agile team coupled with the financial resources of an industry leader.
Teamwork and idea-sharing are key here and you will be tasked with frequently pairing with technical and non-technical team members to design and develop high quality scalable and maintainable solutions.
You will need:
- Experience of developing user-facing web applications for commercial organisations.
- Experience of working in active agile teams
Nice to have
- Experience with UI/UX design and user testing.
- Mobile development
- E-commerce experience
Do you want to be a key figure and help shape & build the future of our business? If so, please send a copy of your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com ASAP
Contract React Developer. E-Commerce. London. £500+ p/d
LHR is working with a fantastic business with an immediate opportunity for an experienced and talented Front End Developer, specialising in React, to work building a brand new consumer-facing website for one of the UK’s leading E-Commerce brands.
As part of a cross-functional development team, you’ll be tasked with putting to use your expert knowledge of React & Redux to help create a first-class web platform that will play a part in processing millions of transactions every month.
The best candidates will lead by example through clean, maintainable code and displaying knowledge of best software practices, as well as helping those around them continue to improve and learn.
This is an initial 4-month contract, based in central London. We expect to pay around £500 per day.
- A deep level of expertise in React with Redux
- Expert level of HTML5, CSS3 knowledge Demonstrable history of developing commercially used UIs
- Understanding of Agile principles TDD, BDD knowledge
Please apply now for more information by calling Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com
Senior Ruby Software Engineer | Tech Start-Up | London & WFH | £80,000 + Options
Our client, a tech start-up disrupting the supply chain within the fashion and apparel industry, is looking to hire a team of skilled and experienced Software Engineers.
Having built a successful MVP, secured excellent funding and the onboarding of a number of key clients (some very high profile), we are now hiring the first, second and third members of the Product & Engineering team. Starting with a Senior Ruby Software Engineer.
Being an early member of the team this role offers massive opportunity to create culture, define processes and huge scope for innovation within the product. This role would best suit a Senior Developer who is keen to own and lead tech product development.
The current product is built on a Rails/React stack, with solid unit and integration test coverage and supporting infrastructure allowing automated deployment to Digital Ocean.
The best candidates for this role will have:
- Excellent Ruby/Rails experience
- The ability to set up another software stack.
- Experience with databases and infrastructure technologies.
- Strong understanding of both software development & product development practices.
- AWS experience.
Your primary focus will be writing high-quality software that delivers the product strategy. The current product really is in its infancy with an exciting roadmap ahead, and this is excellent opportunity to create a platform that has a huge impact on brands, manufacturers, and – ultimately – end consumers.
We imagine the perfect person will have Start-up experience and is currently sat in a tech business thinking “this could be run better, this team and product could function better” This is your opportunity to make that difference and change how software development should be done…
As well as an excellent base salary there are company options available along with flexible working hours and working from home.
Contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Ruby on Rails Developer. Music Industry. London. £75,000+
Are you an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer with a passion for Music? Do you want to work in an environment where everyone has excitement and energy about what we’re building?
Our client creates secret intimate live performances in more than 400 cities around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us who understands how to create scalable, maintainable code using best practices.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you’ll be joining a growing engineering team, and working alongside design and product teams.
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience of Postgres
- Experience of TDD or BDD testing (We use RSpec & Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Git and a passion for clear concise commit history
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- A passion for music
- Experience of scaling a platform using micro-services or other approaches.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to help create new features and deliver an excellent end-to-end customer experience, from the moment they first encounter content. You’ll be expected to write elegant code that is scalable & maintainable and work closely with UX, Product, QA and other teams to define and deliver features that solve real business needs.
It’s an exciting time to join as we help our client enter a period of accelerated growth. You’ll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including engineering a platform for our next phase of growth, moving our platform to a react front end powered by APIs and integrating with 3rd parties.
Along with the fantastic learning opportunities and the opportunity to work in a really exciting industry with great colleagues out client also offer a very competitive salary and great benefits.
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £65,000+
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Senior Ruby Developer | Mobile-first Start-up | London | £450/£500pd
LHR has partnered with a fantastic Mobile-first Start-up to hire a Senior Ruby Developer on an initial 6-month contract.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Contract Ruby Developer to take full ownership of his or her work – The best candidates will be interested in building a brilliant product, not just writing code.
Our client has some interesting and challenging problems to solve and they offer a great opportunity to work within the Fin-Tech space.
Here’s the current stack:
Requirements Required skills & experience:
- Significant experience working with Ruby on Rails, and relational databases
- Substantial experience with automated testing, integration testing and TDD
- A thorough understanding of what’s required in building scalable software
- Extensive experience of working as part of an Agile product team
- Experience with ES6, React, React native
- Experience working on mobile apps
The contract is based in the Old Street area of London, ideally, you’ll want to be part of the team and on-site between 9-5 on weekdays but there is some flexibility to work remote / from home a couple of days a per week.
For more details please call 07858973743 and send a copy of your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Mid-Level Ruby Rails Developer. Subscription/E-Commerce. London. £50,000 + Equity.
Lewis Hollings are delighted to be working exclusively with a leading subscription business that deliver a fantastic product to our doors while being a genuine force for good.
We are looking for a talented mid level Ruby Rails developer to join the team to design and build new digital products that customers love whilst keeping our codebase and infrastructure in top shape.
It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious developer who loves solving problems to get full stack experience across multiple languages and frameworks including Rails, React/Redux, Heroku and AWS.
- Full stack (Rails, React / Redux, Heroku, AWS) development and support
- Taking a robust codebase and consolidating/evolving it as the company grows
- Communicating with stakeholders and other team members to solve problems and build features
- Advising on the right technology choices, knowing where it is ok to cut corners, and where it absolutely isn’t
- You are an agile advocate, knowing how to adapt the right approach to the right team
- You have several years of experience working in different teams and environments; ideally you have previous start-up experience
- You are proactive, and know how to be efficient with your time
- You are hands-on, ideally full-stack or happy to grow into full-stack , with a minimum 1-2 years of professional Ruby / Rails experience
- You are an excellent communicator who can engage with stakeholders and deliver value
- You enjoy pair programming and discussing technical challenges
You will be the custodian of our digital experience and so will be empowered to solve problems the way you think is best and ultimately ‘own’ the technical infrastructure. Our software doesn’t just power our digital experience on site, it also runs our complex back-office infrastructure which means your code will have real-world implications on how the business is run.
You’ll use pair programming wherever possible which allows for fast and efficient problem solving, as well as a great way to develop your technical skills by sharing knowledge and insights with the team.
Not only will you develop some serious technical skills but this role will develop a broad range of other skills from UX design, sprint planning and execution, stakeholder communication and management which will in turn help you learn how a successful subscription business runs.
- Competitive Salary plus stock options
- One of Time Out’s top 100 employers to work for
- Huge opportunity to develop a broad skill set
- Agile working environment
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com or call 07858973743