Lewis Hollings are working on a unique opportunity to hire a team of “Fully Remote” Full-Stack Developers into a UK based technology company.
Our client currently has 15/20 Software Engineers all based around Europe working towards and delivering high-volume, scalable mission-critical web applications for a list of high-profile clients.
Working closely with Lewis Hollings they are keen to add at least 3 new Engineers to the team ASAP.
The stack is varied and modern. With the main application primarily built with Ruby, TypeScript and Go. Prior experience with these is nice to have but not necessarily essential.
We are ultimately looking for excellent craftsman & women who love to code, will test their own work and want to solve tech challenges using the best solutions available.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with a team of developers to craft high-quality software customers enjoy using.
- Contribute to both backend infrastructure and web frontend responsibilities.
- Participate in the design process of every feature you work on – from brainstorming to prototyping to reviews and polish.
- Review code submissions from other engineers and be open to having your own work critiqued – we encourage our team to work together and trust that you can lean on each other’s strengths.
- Mentor and guide other engineers.
This role requires an expert, you’ll need to demonstrate a proven track record of architecting, developing and deploying high-volume, scalable, multi-tenant, mission-critical web applications but if that is you and you like the idea of being a major part of a growing business while working remotely please get n touch ASAP.
Full Stack Software Engineer (Ruby & React) | Leading Online Marketplace | London | £65,000+
My client has been named one of The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’ and one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ – They are already the leading business is their marketplace, working with everyone from industry known brands to super exciting start-ups.
They have raised over $20m in funding to date, have an ambitious vision and clear values – it’s a fantastic time to join!
As a part of the Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences possible for customers and you’ll need to be passionate about the user experience and solving challenges with creative solutions.
- Help architect and build solutions to business critical problems
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team
- Keeping the Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
We’re looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has opinions and wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
The best candidates will care deeply about writing good code and high-quality automated tests; you’ll have no dedicated QA team, so it’s important for you to be able to test thoroughly
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2, RDS and RedShift; you’ll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, state machines, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (using tools such as OpsWorks)
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Full Stack Developer to participate and contribute to interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform
- Providing continuous improvements in the way the team collect and provide data to use when making decisions
- Improving the deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
Along with a great team of talented colleagues and endless learning opportunities our client also offer free team lunch every Friday, a very competitive salary and stock options
For more details please contract Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or send an email to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Mid-Level Ruby Rails Developer. Subscription/E-Commerce. London. £50,000 + Equity.
Lewis Hollings are delighted to be working exclusively with a leading subscription business that deliver a fantastic product to our doors while being a genuine force for good.
We are looking for a talented mid level Ruby Rails developer to join the team to design and build new digital products that customers love whilst keeping our codebase and infrastructure in top shape.
It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious developer who loves solving problems to get full stack experience across multiple languages and frameworks including Rails, React/Redux, Heroku and AWS.
- Full stack (Rails, React / Redux, Heroku, AWS) development and support
- Taking a robust codebase and consolidating/evolving it as the company grows
- Communicating with stakeholders and other team members to solve problems and build features
- Advising on the right technology choices, knowing where it is ok to cut corners, and where it absolutely isn’t
- You are an agile advocate, knowing how to adapt the right approach to the right team
- You have several years of experience working in different teams and environments; ideally you have previous start-up experience
- You are proactive, and know how to be efficient with your time
- You are hands-on, ideally full-stack or happy to grow into full-stack , with a minimum 1-2 years of professional Ruby / Rails experience
- You are an excellent communicator who can engage with stakeholders and deliver value
- You enjoy pair programming and discussing technical challenges
You will be the custodian of our digital experience and so will be empowered to solve problems the way you think is best and ultimately ‘own’ the technical infrastructure. Our software doesn’t just power our digital experience on site, it also runs our complex back-office infrastructure which means your code will have real-world implications on how the business is run.
You’ll use pair programming wherever possible which allows for fast and efficient problem solving, as well as a great way to develop your technical skills by sharing knowledge and insights with the team.
Not only will you develop some serious technical skills but this role will develop a broad range of other skills from UX design, sprint planning and execution, stakeholder communication and management which will in turn help you learn how a successful subscription business runs.
- Competitive Salary plus stock options
- One of Time Out’s top 100 employers to work for
- Huge opportunity to develop a broad skill set
- Agile working environment
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com or call 07858973743