Product Manager | Payments | London | £60,000 to £90,000 plus equity
Lewis Hollings Recruitment is working with a Series A start-up that digitises a vital part of a payment process.
We are looking for a talented Product Manager who shares our belief and passion for digital products!
Working directly with the CEO as well as the Engineering, Design and Sales teams, you will be responsible for helping deliver new products and features that will shape our clients offering for years to come.
In the short term, you will be working on consumer and merchant products that will allow users and clients to access and utilise data. Beyond building awesome products, we expect that you will also be responsible for leading and growing a highly skilled product team to take us to greater heights.
- At least 5 years experience of product management experience
- Working knowledge of software development to the point where you can understand the Engineering team about how to architect and build a complex distributed system
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analytics to appropriately measure and interpret data and results
- Fundamental desire to create exceptional user experiences and can speak the same language as the UX team
- Have an analytical mindset that approaches challenges from first principles and data-driven way
- Decisions made are backed up by data, logic and common sense
- Have demonstrable business acumen through commercial experience working in or closely with decision-making functions
- Personally motivated to succeed in the face of new challenges
- Meticulously organised with a focus on the details. Everything is approached with diligence
- Can balance being confident and assertive whilst remaining humble and a good listener when working with others
- Ability to read a room and adapt your style accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Permission to work in the UK (unfortunately we will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
- Commercial experience in a fast-growing tech start-up environment
- Commercial experience in data analysis
- Commercial experience of managing the build of a large scale tech product
- Commercial experience of negotiating contracts, especially around matters relating to data
- £60k – £90k salary + equity + performance bonus
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days) – we encourage everyone to use their allowance!
- Weekly team lunches
- Annual company trip
- Work from home Fridays
- Central London location between Shoreditch and Old Street
- Fresh fruits, nuts, beers and other snacks provided
- Latest MacBook Pro, screen and additional tech set-up required
- Office building perks such as weekly yoga and fitness classes
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Our client are well known for their innovation and ‘first of it’s kind’ products & features so are looking for a forward thinking Developer to be up to date with modern technologies, standards and processes.
Essential skills and experience required:
- – Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- – Appreciation of the challenges faced when building adaptive or responsive websites.
- – DRY ,TDD, BDD and other development practices.
- – Experience of working with both internal and third-party API’s.
- – Ability to solve problems in a structured way.
- – Ability to communicate technical concepts in a lucid, structured fashion to colleagues
The perfect Fullstack Developer will have experience delivering early stage products within a startup environment but this is not essential. The role is a great opportunity to work with talented Devs, solve real problems and make a real impact both to the product and people’s lives via the product.
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com or call 07858973743
I wrote a blog last year and mentioned the need for clients and candidates to work with a specialist recruiter. I’ve always believed niche and specialist is the way forward but never really been brave enough to be one. I’ve been a recruiter for 14 years and always worked the technology market, predominantly with Developers, but never specialised in a particular technology for any length of time.
Niche recruitment agencies & consultants have a clear advantage over general recruitment agencies. They specialise, don’t try to cater to everyone and know their market, which is why I believe they deliver superior service to clients & candidates. I no longer see a benefit of working across a wider market – there may seem to be more opportunities, but the reality is it is much harder to develop specialist knowledge in a large sector and long-term you’ll make fewer placements and add far less value.
Over the last few months, a serious injury has allowed me time to reflect and review my time in the recruitment industry – 14 years is a long time. I have always liked the security of having lots of clients who needed people and several ‘live vacancies’. The problem was they didn’t become placements. Placements I made were down to graft and luck rather than science or intelligent recruitment. I’d start every assignment from scratch and be working on 7 or 8 different types of roles at one time.
Late last year I bit the bullet and made a change and decided to work only within the ‘Ruby’ technology market. This allows me to really know my market and have my finger on the pulse. But it also means I have had to learn to say NO to new business from other markets, a daunting prospect for a small company. However, it’s been the best decision I ever made and in truth, I should have made it years ago.
Saying no to jobs I could probably fill in favour of new business, lead chasing, endless voicemails and emails nobody replies to sounds crazy but I’m “playing the long game“. Recruitment these days is more about adding value than ever! I want to add more value to clients and candidates and I want to stay in the industry. Trying to work on lots of vacancies in lots of different verticals shows me that the recruiter is only really interested in making as much money as possible. Focusing on a niche market, becoming a specialist, is about delivering the best quality service and adding value, which will lead to loyal customers and repeat business.
It’s a tough call for a start-up because cash is king but nobody wants to be a flash in the pan either. Russell Clements, ex CEO of Computer Futures tells Roy Ripper that all good recruiters should “Know their market” “Be an expert” and to “Be famous for something“. Intellectual curiosity makes a different!!
I love that I’m no longer purely motivated by filling vacancies. I’m more interested in building long term relationships with clients and candidates. Repeat business is what drives me and this suits my motivations and skill set far better these days.
Ruby Developer | Fashion E-commerce Platform | London | £60,000
Our client, an award winning fashion e-commerce platform, is looking for a Ruby Developer.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting fast growing business expanding from 40 staff to more than 100 by the end of 2017.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to work with an established tech team and assist with the continued development of an e-commerce solution as well as new features and digital offerings.
As a Senior Ruby Developer in a small start-up environment it’s important you communicate well and are comfortable working hard, to tight deadlines and adapting to project changes at short notice.
The Perfect Ruby Developer may have:
- 3+ years experience developing business applications using Ruby on Rails
- A test-driven development approach
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of NoSQL databases, particularly MongoDB
- Experience developing e-commerce applications and working with different payment gateways
Our client has created an interesting and challenging company culture where the team have great fun while “getting shit done”
To learn more about this or any of our Ruby opportunities please call 07858973473 or email your CV to CV@lewishollings.com
Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails / FullStack) | 6 Month Contract | London | £400pd
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails / FullStack) to work within the product engineering team to design and build engaging digital features.
The current stack includes a combination of Ruby on Rails and Ember.js built on top of Amazon AWS – Our client is comfortable using a combination of technologies, and choose the right ones to use for each problem they solve.
- 3+ years of commercial Ruby development experience.
- Experience with front-end web development frameworks (e.g., Angular, Meteor or Ember).
This 6 month contract will best suit a candidate with experience delivering early stage products within a startup environment.
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com
Ruby Software Engineer | Start-Up | London | £75,000
We are looking for a team of Ruby Software Engineers to join one of the most innovative and fastest growing “Ed Tech” businesses in Europe right now.
Our client is an award-winning software solution who are changing the way Teachers, Students and Parents issue, submit and mark homework. With already over 2 million users and a growing customer base of schools around the world our client is already very successful and have a really exciting vision for the next 12 months and beyond.
As a Senior Ruby Software Engineer. You’ll be expected to have:
*Hands-on commercial software development experience (the majority of which should be working directly with Ruby and Rails)
*Deep appreciation of OOP design principles.
*Substantial experience of building secure, scalable and performant web applications.
*Considerable experience of working with relational databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
The best candidates will communicate clearly and enjoy solving problems in a structured manner. You’ll love collaborating and talking through complex and challenging solutions.
Our client handle an average of 0.25 billion requests per week with an average peak of 46K requests per minute. The services are delivered through a substantial AWS estate comprising more than 170 EC2, RDS, ElastiCache and Elasticsearch instances and associated services.
It is a fantastic time for a Senior Ruby Developer to join the team and help deliver our ambitious (and very interesting) roadmap!
For more information or to apply for this role do send your CV to CV@lewishollings.com