Contract React Developer. E-Commerce. London. £500+ p/d
LHR is working with a fantastic business with an immediate opportunity for an experienced and talented Front End Developer, specialising in React, to work building a brand new consumer-facing website for one of the UK’s leading E-Commerce brands.
As part of a cross-functional development team, you’ll be tasked with putting to use your expert knowledge of React & Redux to help create a first-class web platform that will play a part in processing millions of transactions every month.
The best candidates will lead by example through clean, maintainable code and displaying knowledge of best software practices, as well as helping those around them continue to improve and learn.
This is an initial 4-month contract, based in central London. We expect to pay around £500 per day.
- A deep level of expertise in React with Redux
- Expert level of HTML5, CSS3 knowledge Demonstrable history of developing commercially used UIs
- Understanding of Agile principles TDD, BDD knowledge
Please apply now for more information by calling Jordan on 07858973473 or email Jordan@lewishollings.com
eCommerce Product Manager | Sports & Digital Media | London | £60,000
Our client is building the largest active and digitally connected, cross-platform sports-focused community in the world around a unique combination of fan-centric programming, products and services.
We are looking for an eCommerce Product Manager to join the London team and help create & build a brand new eCommerce proposition.
The right candidate will be ambitious and excited by the idea of joining a dynamic, fast-growing digital business.
- Understand the brand, audience and business – and translate into a successful eCommerce strategy
- Manage the daily, weekly, and annual eCommerce project plan – tracking progress, recognising internal dependencies, and reporting and escalating to senior stakeholders as appropriate
- Own the internal P&L for eCommerce, ensuring that investment is justified across both direct/indirect revenue generation, as well as contributing to the global brand growth
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for the eCommerce proposition, ensuring it aligns with broader business strategy and vision, including but not limited to brand collaborations, unique product offerings, and marketing opportunities for other client partners.
- Direct report to Chief Product Officer and then working cross-functionally with key stakeholders across content, marketing and operations to deliver a fully integrated launch.
- Manage eCommerce product design resource (both full-time and freelance) to ensure final product designs align to brand guidelines and can deliver on commercial objectives, and other eCom related staff in the future.
REQUIREMENTS / DESIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of work experience in an eCommerce-related environment
- Experience in Retail, Tech, Media Publishers and/or eCommerce companies
- A proven and demonstrable track record as a product owner or product manager
- An eagerness to learn, to test new ideas, and to grasp hold of an eCommerce opportunity that you have the ability (and responsibility) to shape
- Creative, innovative thinker who is in tune with current product/fashion trends
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a self-starter – working with the initiative to take responsibility and proactively think of new ideas and opportunities across eCommerce
- Ability to work in London, UK (unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas for this role)
This is a unique opportunity for an E-commerce Product manager to create, build and manage an E-commerce offering for a global community from scratch.
The role will suit a doer who is happy getting his or her hands dirty rather than a manager of people. You’ll build an e-commerce brand/product from scratch at an amazing place to work.
If you are in-tune with the latest trends in fashion, streetwear, and football-related products and also have a deep understanding of how a content brand can position itself for eCommerce success with new and existing audiences; driving profitable, long-term sales growth the I urge you to get in touch ASAP!
Contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Senior Product Manager | Fin-Tech | London | £90,000+
LHR has teamed up with a “Bank of the Future” to hire a Senior Product Manager experienced in helping to develop consumer-facing digital products within an agile environment.
The best candidates will thrive in a high-growth startup environment and Ideally, would have led/shaped a product function from an early stage.
The role involves understanding consumers’ financial needs and challenges, the Senior Product Manager designs and delivers products to deliver on the promise to help consumers with their financial lives.
You’ll need to be digitally aware, creative, adept at Agile and a great communicator. You’ll use these skills to drive continuous delivery of innovative ideas live on our digital platforms, and use your insight, external stimulus and excellent stakeholder management skills to feed into the backlogs and continue the evolution of multiple digital products.
- Responsible for the end to end product lifecycle from working with the Product & Marketing Director on overall product strategy and roadmap, through to customer development discovery techniques and delivering that product in code through an agile development process
- Cross-functional working with stakeholders, designers and developers to create compelling and competitive product features that align with the overall mission to help consumers save money
- Deeply understand the needs of customers through qualitative and quantitative user research and testing; define and frame those needs for the teams; translate these into product definitions and prioritised backlogs
- Create high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria, A/B test, prototype, and define product rollout
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally. Demonstrate the latest iteration of the product, key results, and customer feedback to the business and senior stakeholders
- Define, monitor and analyse key product metrics for existing and upcoming features, feeding learnings back into the product development process
Capabilities and Knowledge:
- 6+ years of product management experience, developing consumer-facing digital products within an agile environment
- Previous high-growth startup experience, preferably having led and/or shaped the product function at an early stage startup
- Experience of launching multiple successful products and features, across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web)
- A customer obsessive, who understands and values the role of UX and design in product success
- Excellent communication skills and ability to gather feedback from stakeholders and communicate effectively with technical team
- Ability to effectively prioritise an ever-changing backlog by balancing and championing both business, customer and technology needs
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- Has an understanding of the technical architecture of complex mobile and web applications
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills, deriving insights and driving actions from data and metrics
- Working knowledge of tools such as Jira, Mixpanel, GA, etc
The Senior Product role is going to best suit a highly customer-centric candidate with a passion to deliver best-in-class customer experience. You’ll need a passion for digital products and user design, with high attention to detail along with high levels of personal and professional integrity.
If you are a positive, self-starter with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy and someone who thrives in a fast-moving environment then please get in contact ASAP.
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Are you a Product Owner looking for your next challenge to develop and deliver best-in-class customer experiences on a global scale?
We have an amazing opportunity for a Product Owner to join a world-renowned brand that is continuously improving their customer experience through better use of platform technology across the web, mobile/tablet, wearables and AR / VR.
You’ll get the chance to own and develop the product vision and strategy, collaborating and learning with business, customer experience (including UX / UI), delivery and tech teams.
It is important that the Product Owner “champions” the platform/product throughout the organisation – so you should have a real passion for platform technology and strong stakeholder management skills at a global level.
If you want to join a forward-thinking brand that is implementing next-generation platform technology on a global scale, please apply now for more information!
As a Product Owner, you will:
- Work as a Product Owner across a number of products that seek to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
- Be responsible for a number of workstreams on this global customer experience platform build, owning the product vision and strategy along the way.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders and teams to understand business needs and strategies, understanding requirements and managing the product backlog.
- Translate business needs in user stories/acceptance criteria / mock-ups, communicating these to development teams.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure stories are delivered within sprints alongside the release plan, acting as a Scrum Product Owner.
- Oversee the product roadmap, managing development vendors as well as in-house technical teams.
- Work in Agile – involving sprint planning, retrospectives, reviews etc.
- Act as a “product champion” throughout the company.
To apply, you’ll ideally have:
- A solid understanding of customer experience, product development and conversions.
- Experience working in a product function – either as a Product Owner or Product Manager – on a large-scale platform build.
- Working knowledge of web platforms, applications, information systems and digital marketing solutions as well as development languages and infrastructure.
- Experience on an enterprise-level CMS is preferred.
- Used Jira in the past.
- Agile / Scrum experience, overseeing sprints and retrospectives.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, written and communication skills.
- A passion for how platform technology can improve customer experiences as well as product development.
For more details and to apply please contact Jordan Norris on 07858973473 or email your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Ruby on Rails Developer | R&D | Oxfordshire | £65,000
Fantastic “out of London” client is keen to hire a Senior Ruby Developer. Work from home options + Bonus + Options (Pre IPO)
If you are a Senior Ruby Developer based in Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire or Buckinghamshire who is keen to build innovative technology with great colleagues without having to travel into London every day please read on…
LHR looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join a leading R&D company in Oxford. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer looking to work on challenging projects with an incredible company.
As the Ruby on Rails Developer, you’ll be working on the front end of my client’s complex web applications. This is a senior role within the company so the Ruby on Rails Developer will have a great opportunity to contribute to wider strategy and architecture, as well as mentoring Junior Developers.
A local success story, the Ruby on Rails Developer will be joining an incredible research and development company who are at the forefront of their field. You’ll be joining during a period of growth, so the opportunities for your role moving forwards are huge!
For this Ruby on Rails Developer position, we’re looking for a Senior Developer with significant previous experience developing web applications using RoR.
We’re ideally looking for experience with the following:
- Strong background coding with Ruby on Rails
- Previous experience building complex web applications, such as e-commerce systems, would be great
For more details please call 07858973743 and send a copy of your CV to Jordan@lewishollings.com
Mid-Level Ruby Rails Developer. Subscription/E-Commerce. London. £50,000 + Equity.
Lewis Hollings are delighted to be working exclusively with a leading subscription business that deliver a fantastic product to our doors while being a genuine force for good.
We are looking for a talented mid level Ruby Rails developer to join the team to design and build new digital products that customers love whilst keeping our codebase and infrastructure in top shape.
It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious developer who loves solving problems to get full stack experience across multiple languages and frameworks including Rails, React/Redux, Heroku and AWS.
- Full stack (Rails, React / Redux, Heroku, AWS) development and support
- Taking a robust codebase and consolidating/evolving it as the company grows
- Communicating with stakeholders and other team members to solve problems and build features
- Advising on the right technology choices, knowing where it is ok to cut corners, and where it absolutely isn’t
- You are an agile advocate, knowing how to adapt the right approach to the right team
- You have several years of experience working in different teams and environments; ideally you have previous start-up experience
- You are proactive, and know how to be efficient with your time
- You are hands-on, ideally full-stack or happy to grow into full-stack , with a minimum 1-2 years of professional Ruby / Rails experience
- You are an excellent communicator who can engage with stakeholders and deliver value
- You enjoy pair programming and discussing technical challenges
You will be the custodian of our digital experience and so will be empowered to solve problems the way you think is best and ultimately ‘own’ the technical infrastructure. Our software doesn’t just power our digital experience on site, it also runs our complex back-office infrastructure which means your code will have real-world implications on how the business is run.
You’ll use pair programming wherever possible which allows for fast and efficient problem solving, as well as a great way to develop your technical skills by sharing knowledge and insights with the team.
Not only will you develop some serious technical skills but this role will develop a broad range of other skills from UX design, sprint planning and execution, stakeholder communication and management which will in turn help you learn how a successful subscription business runs.
- Competitive Salary plus stock options
- One of Time Out’s top 100 employers to work for
- Huge opportunity to develop a broad skill set
- Agile working environment
For more details please send a copy of your CV to CV@lewishollings.com or call 07858973743